Monday, October 28, 2013

plugging away and working hard


That awkward moment when I bare my testimony at zone conference and an elder comes up to me afterwards and asks me where I am from because I have an accent... My companion just starts laughing because apparently she isn't the only one who thinks that I speak english like a mexican. Asi es. 

This week was extremely slow! We don't really have any promising investigators at this moment, actually we don't really even have a teaching pool at this moment. But we are still plugging away and working hard. 

One night this week we were walking down to E's house and this man, R, was just pulling into his drive way. We had previously met him about 4 weeks ago and since then have lost contact with him. But when he saw us he was quick to shout for our attention! We happily walked over and he told us that he had a really important question for us. He asked us why we carried ourselves with such happiness. He then continued to say that since our first encounter he felt like he has been left with something really special. I told him that we are happy because our message is one of happiness- it is the Restauracion del Evangelio de jesucristo. We then went in to talk about The Restauracion. That really caught him by surprise. He is really smart and quick. He was saying that Restauracion implies that there was a time when the gospel wasnt on the earth. We agreed and starting talking about un pastor, un bautismo, y una fe. That if got him to think even more. We are really excited about him! The only problem is when we went to visit him later this week, he totally avoided us. Pray that we will be able to meet with him again. This message is real and true. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Sometimes that message can scare people but I dont want it to scare R. I know that if we can see him again, He will be baptized and be happier than he has ever been!!!! 

Anyways this is really short! I am sorry but I am happy! We are working hard. 

Love you all so much!

Keep smiling, 

Hermana Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment