Monday, May 20, 2013

Unwearingyness


I think that it is safe to say that this past week was easily the hardest week of my life. I am so grateful for everything that I learned because I am even more ready and prepared for what is coming this week. I truly know that there really are trials and problems designed for us individually because it is only through those specific trials and problems that we develop the attributes and characteristics that we need in order to become the person we are designed to be.
Anyways, with that being said. HELLOO!!! I miss ya'll lots but that is so awesome that Bishop Marin was at our house. When he showed me the pictures, I really could not believe it. I still cant believe it! Sounds like you all had a great time. I also cannot believe that you let him record my wisdom teeth video!! Seriously, Im mortified. The only positive that comes from that is, stay away from drugs!
This week we helped Jaquelin move out and away from her abusive relationship. While we were there, there was a knock on the door and we all just stopped and looked at each other, afraid that it might be Antonio. Thankfully it was just her neighbor who made us pupusas. That was a blessing because I was starving- I seriously kept praying for food and then, BOOM, it was at our door. God really does take care of his missionaries. But back to Jaquelin, this whole situation just made me so thankful to be a citizen, have family in America, and a place to live. Jaquelin called us the night that she finally had enough of Antonio and just explained that she had absolutely no where to go. He had controlled everything and she had no one to even turn to except for us. Of course, Hermana Burnham and I just wanted to take her in. Believe me, if it wasnt against the rules, we would have. It broke our hearts that we could not do anything for her. I have never felt so helpless. However, we did all that we could and testified of what we know to be true. We had a great chat with her about prayer too. She knows that there is a plan for her and that God will help her find a good husband where she can have a family. She also knows that her son in Hondurous is being watched over while she is here in Texas. She has so much faith! It is hard when you have trials after trials. I remember when we first met her she asked why we have trials. We said it was to help us grow. She totally agreed. Jaquelin just keeps going. She never ceases to amaze me.
If you havent found Bishop Scott in the Ensign yet, you probably should because you need to read Uchtdorfs talk- which just happens to be on that page. It is the one from priesthood session. It just reminds us that we are enough. There is one quote that I just love, it says "Perhaps it is true that we are weak, Perhaps it is true that we are not wise or mighty. But when God works through us, no one and nothing can stand against us. This is why you are needed. You have your own special contribution to make and God can magnify that contribution in a MIGHTY way... Your opportunities for service are endless. If you are waiting on the sidelines, I encourage you to get in the game." You cannot possibly tell me that you are not wanting to just jump out of your seat and just give your all to the Lord right at this very instance when you read that!!
Also this is kind of interesting. Maybe you have already thought about this but I never had until yesterday and it just made me change my attitude real fast. So John 14:27 is the famous scripture "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world givesth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Also in Matthew 14:27 we are told to "be of good cheer." I never thought about how it is a commandment to not let our hearts be troubled nor afraid but rather be of good cheer. Everything goes back to His atonement. He died and felt everything so that we could be happy and have peace. What kind of person are we if we are not turning to Him but rather staying in our sorrow and fear? We need to be happy! So awesome.
I also learned a really, really valuable lesson. This lesson comes from a lot of regret but at least its learned and I am never making this mistake ever again. On Saturday we had to run into a Fiesta because we had been walking all day and needed a cold water. When we were checking out, this cute 30 year old lady stood right behind me. She immediately said in her best english, that we were beautiful. We bashfully said thanks and left it at that. But 10 seconds after, she asked where I was from. I told her California and then asked her. She turns out to be from El Salvador. So of course I said one of my good friends is serving there right now. She thought that was wonderful! She was saying how we are doing the Lord's commission in Mateo 28:19-20. I kind of shyed away again after this- ugh just typing this makes me so mad- but anyways, I shyed away and only gave her our number and tarjeta. I should of been like HECK YES! That is exactly what I am doing!! I am here to tell people that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's true and only church and has all the keys that enable us to live with our families forever. I am seriously so bummed out because I didnt sieze that opportunity! Biggest regret of my mission! But you can bet your bottom dollar that that will not happening again. Is that not the most depressing story you have ever heard?! Its in the past though and I am making a more conscious effort to become my purpose. Do not ever let an opportunity slip through your fingers like that to share the gospel. I am praying so hard that she calls because I just want the opportunity to bare with her everything I know to be true. This will probably haunt me my entire mission. 
Really awesome update. Irving passed the Sacrament yesterday!! He was wearing a cute soccer tie and a great big smile. I accidently made him mess up though because he looked at me and I gave him a thumbs up and he thought that I was motioning for me to have him come over so I could partake of the bread. It wouldnt have been so bad if the line didnt leave withouth him. Whoops. I guess I also learned to be more reverent. I just couldnt help it! I just about cried. He was passing the sacrament with his cousin who gave him the priesthood too which was just the cherry on top of the cake.
I guess this got a little long. I hope it makes sense! I kind of just went on a rampage haha
Great things are coming this week down here in Gulfbank. We can feel it! We are excited. We are working so hard and we know that the Lord is working right there with us. He wants great things to come to pass.
I will just leave you with this quote that was in that Holland book you sent because I think it sums up everything this week. "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are the church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and he is our great eternal head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him."
This is definitely not easy but it is worth it.
I am so happy. Other than my terrible experience in Fiesta. But I'm working through it!
abrazos y besos,
Hermana Parry
PS. My companion is seriously the best and loves the gospel so much. You all really need to hear how she talks about the Book of Mormon. It will make you want to read it ASAP.

She is working so hard she is exhausted!  We are so proud of her and so is Heavenly Father.
I love this picture - it just makes me miss her.  LOVE THIS GIRL..
GULFBANK AREA
TRACTING
LOVE GETTING MAIL!!!
HOUSTON TEXAS TEMPLE TRIP
ALWAYS HAS A SMILE


THEY ARE ENJOYING BEING COMPANIONS

THE 5TH WARD ACTIVITY

No comments:

Post a Comment