Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Remember how Kayla doesn't read my emails?


Monday, May 13, 2013

Well Hello again!

It was so great to see you all yesterday via Skype. Y’all are beautiful. Seriously I love you so so much! After we hung up Bishop admitted to me that they were all just hiding in the master bedroom listening to our conversation, laughing the whole entire time. They loved when we were all howling with Crew. We are embarrassing but that’s ok. Also I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard as a I did yesterday. It was fun to tell you some of our tracting stories. That shower one is by far my favorite. How awkward right? Hermana Burnham and I have so much fun. As you could probably tell from yesterday.

I honestly don’t know how I forgot to tell you yesterday but IRVING GOT THE PRIESTHOOD yesterday!! He was so stoked. We also had 180% attendance at church yesterday- which is unheard of! There were so many people visiting their mothers yesterday and they all decided to spend their morning at church. It was awesome! But back to Irving, we went to his house last night to watch the restoration video with him and he loved it. It is amazing the changes that has come into his life over the past 2 months that I've been here. I love seeing him grow and really hunger after the gospel. I think about the day that he was baptized often just because I know that there are so many other people that can be just as happy as he was that day. Like Sara Barreras who has a date set for June 8th! Holler!! It is amazing how 4 years ago this wouldn’t have been possible but how the Lord really does work miracles. Everything really is in his hands and according to his time. It just makes me think about the investigators that have dropped us or we have had to drop them and that potentially in a few years, or maybe even in a few months, the right set of missionaries will find them and it will be there time to make this life changing decisions.

So new favorite chapter in the entire book of mormon is Alma 36. If you read the conference talks by Craig A. Cardon and Elder Bednar from the last conference, it is so powerful. For some reason it just really hit me again how REAL the atonement is. Here you have Alma talking about how he was so "racked with torment" but after he "cried within his heart" his joy was as exceedingly great as his pain. There were two parts of the talks that stuck out to me when I read this chapter: 1. That the degree and intensity of the repentance process truly must equal the gravity and characteristic of the sin and 2. Christ really does want to forgive. The sin does not limit His willingness. He is always there. It is so powerful. You just see how the burden is really lifted off Alma and he becomes so happy. It is also awesome how right after that happens, he wants to tell everyone "that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste." I love it so much. So grateful for God's mercy and love for each of us that He gave us hope- Jesus Christ.

I just feel so extremely blessed. I know that God desires me to rise up and face the challenges here in Gulfbank because they are designed specifically for me to grow and learn. I am learning so much everyday and I am working so hard to increase my faith. I am learning that I know what I need to do even when I think I don't. You learn the principles and then your govern yourself. I am like my own little investigator. It is awesome. Following Christ is a life-long commitment and I constantly have to rededicate and increase my faith. Also something interesting, you know how people always say that God will not try us more than we can handle. That in a sense is not completely accurate. In Alma 13:28 It talks about how we have to first humble ourselves and call on His name and only then are we promised that we wont be tempted or tried above that which we can bear. Its a blessing that comes from trying your hardest- not a free gift.

Oh forgot to mention. We went to the temple this week! Love it so much. Hope you enjoy the pictures. It was actually I really sad day just because this is Elder Crane's last transfer before he goes home and so that was the last time for him. He is by far one of the most amazing missionaries I have ever met in my life. En serio. I wish I could be half as good as him. Hope he never sees this. haha Also I just need to tell you how adorable Hermana Negrete is. We called her to see if she could come to a lesson with us and she said she couldn’t because she was washing her car so that she could go to the temple! She is 88 years old and she was washing her car so she could go to the temple. We all need to have that kind of dedication!  

I love you all so much and I hope that you all are still laughing from yesterday. I know that I still am. That was the best. Only 7.5 months until we do that again! The scary thing is that that is going to go by so fast and then I will only have 7 months of my mission left. AHHH! Where is all the time going! There is so much to do...

Cuidanse!

Hermana Parry

(or to the majority of the people here Party)

PS after this weekend I might be wanting a Mariachi band at my wedding. haha
MOTHER'S DAY SKYPE SESSION


No comments:

Post a Comment