Monday, March 3, 2014

"No es un dicho, es la manera del Senor."

This weekend we had stake conference. IT WAS AMAZING! Elder Pino from the Seventy came. He is hilarious. To open up, he explained how we served a mission in Argentina and when he got there everyone asked him if he was from Venezuela. With much pride he answered yes and then they would all immediately reply, its because you sound like the people on all the novelas. As we were all laughing he then clarified that if was not for the language but for the accent. I don’t know if any of you will find that funny but it just about killed me. Ok anyways, getting back to business. On Saturday night we had the adult session but it was also open to youth 12 and above and all missionaries. So we were able to go. It was fantastic! All about my favorite topic, missionary work!!! He was talking about the Lord's way of doing missionary work. Honestly, this stake is all so excited. The stake president even stood up and said that he could sense that every person there in that room has had a name come into their mind and you need to work with the missionaries to help that person come unto Christ. It was powerful. 

We unfortunately had to drop Maria Gutierrez. We had a really awesome family home evening with her and the Gaytans on Monday and she seriously felt the spirit- just like she always does. She just told us she needs space for a little. She knows its true though so she will come back soon. She is being attacked from all sides and really just needs prayers. Please pray for her!!! 

We also had zone conference this week. It really just hit me in that conference that we are all representatives of Jesus Christ. It made me love all these people that I serve with even more. I am so thankful for the mission because not only have a met all these stellar people from Houston, but I am had the opportunity to meet and work with amazing missionaries. I just love all these new found forever friends. It makes me so happy! It is unlike anything else to know that we are all united in our Father's business. 

I am also so grateful for my mission because I can see how I am converting more to my Savior. And thank goodness because I have realized that the conversion required for those who wish to enter in the Celestial Kingdom is far more than I ever thought. It is more than merely testifying of the truth. I am so grateful that God has placed the way for me to become what He wants me to become. I am understanding more that it is not just knowing the right words to say in a given situation but understanding the words that you say.  

Interesting point of view, remember that Satan does not have a veil like we do. Therefore, he remembers how amazing we are. When you feel down, remember why and where that comes from! He works hardest on those valiant and pure souls. He knows who you were and he will do everything to keep you from remembering and feeling your divine worth. 

Also pray for Carol and Francisco that they will take advantage of the free wedding we are having the 21st. Also pray Yesenia and Keishla will be ready for baptism on the 15th- we are pushing it back. 

I know that the Savior wants us to be powerful.  I know that God can give us great power. I know that I have been given power not only in my mission, but throughout my whole life; the extent I don’t even comprehend in this moment. I am grateful I have a Heavenly Father whose only desire is my return back to Him. 

Love you all! Sorry this is all so random. But I am so scatterbrained right now. This was a good week! Real hard but we are not giving up. We are having spiritual experiences here in Louetta so we must be doing something right. The results will one day come! 

Keep Smiling, 

Hermana Parry


PS. WORK WITH YOUR WARD MISSIONARIES NOW!!!! That is the Lord's way. The work is hastening is not a catch phrase. Its real. Get to work. There are souls that need to be fed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment